Before I went vegan I was obsessed with honey mustard. In fact, I used to be a honey mustard fiend. Luckily for me, it’s easy to make a vegan version. I just mix vegenaise, yellow mustard, and agave and it comes out pretty much the same. Today I made some of it to dip a pretzel into…and then I was like “hmmm this would be amazing on chickpeas” so I whipped this recipe up.
Basically what I did was, well, I will just format it like a recipe. Here it is:
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and patted dry a bit
- 2 tbsp vegenaise
- 2 tbsp prepared yellow mustard, divided
- 1/2 tbsp agave syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place chickpeas in a shallow baking dish in a single layer.
- Mix 2 tbsp vegenaise, 1 tbsp yellow mustard, and 1/2 tbsp agave into a small bowl and stir until combined.
- Pour over the chickpeas and stir until evenly coated.
- Place in oven for about 25 minutes.
- Take out after 25 minutes, stir, and add the other tbsp of yellow mustard and stir again until incorporated.
- Place back into the oven for another 20 minutes or so. You may want to check after 10 minutes to make sure they’re not burning…but they should not be unless your oven is hotter than mine.
- Let cool for a few minutes and eat while hot, they’re best right then!