VEGAN COTTAGE CHEESE!
I was suddenly craving cottage cheese after a long time of not caring. I wanted it on a salad. So I whipped something up. The picture in the photo doesn’t really do it justice.
I made beet chips out of yellow beets from this recipe here, tossed some greens in balsamic vinegar, and put 1/4 cup of the cottage cheese on top.
Here is the recipe!
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked in water for 2 hours, drained
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp tahini
- 1/3 cup plain coconut milk yogurt
- 2 tbsp vegenaise
- 1/2 cup plain flavored non-dairy milk of choice (I used tempt hemp milk original)
- 1 tbsp chickpea miso (or other miso of choice)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or more to taste
- 1 tsp sugar (optional, but recommended. You could put a bit of liquid stevia in it if you don’t want real sugar, or maybe coconut palm sugar or date syrup? or leave it out if you don’t think it needs it after tasting)
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and combine, leaving chunks of cashews.
- Place in a glass jar or large glass measuring cup and cover.
- Let sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours, overnight if you can wait to try it.
- Serve on top of salads, or eat with crackers, or however you like really!