Hello! I’d like give a shout-out to those who have followed my blog since seeing it on Vegan MoFo 2014’s blogroll.
As I introduced my theme yesterday as being “The Month of Many Mini Themes” (I like alliteration, can’t you see?), here is the first entry for Meaty Meatless Monday (you can read that post here).
Today I am sharing a recipe for these sausage patties I created. I will be using them in a Sunday Brunch recipe next Sunday, but I think they would be good as a side for your breakfast or whatever else you want.
Pecan Black Eyed Pea Sausages Patties
- 1 can or (equivalent to can=1.75 cups) cooked black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup ground pecans
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds or flax meal
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder/flour
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp water
- oil for frying (about 2 tbsp)
- Place all ingredients except water into a food processor.
- Pulse until combined and somewhat smooth.
- Scrape the sides down with a rubber spatula and pulse for a few seconds, repeat at least three more times.
- Add water and pulse about 30 seconds.
- You can keep in the fridge for a bit if desired, or get straight to making them into sausages.
- Heat the oil on medium heat in a large frying pan.
- When the oil is heated, place patties formed into circles and flattened and place into the pan.
- Cook until browned slightly and firmed up a bit on both sides. The longer you cook them the mushier they will get, so be sure to take them out of the pan as soon as both sides are getting golden throughout the surface.
- Use as a side or in my Griddle Pancake Sandwiches (recipe coming Sunday!)
Tune in for tomorrow, Tuesday which is a yummy baking recipe as part of Tuesday’s theme, Too Good Baked Goods!