This is one of the simplest, easiest, and delicious recipes I like to make. It also has a good amount of turmeric in it, which I have been hearing so much of the benefits of recently. Pairing the almonds with the chickpeas gives it a firmer texture and the apples give it a nice crunch. It’s really good in a wrap or some sprouted rye bread as a sandwich, or even as a topping for a salad.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 cup vegenaise
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 chopped apple of choice
- Place the chickpeas and almonds in a food processor and chop thoroughly. The almonds give the chickpeas a more chicken like texture.
- Transfer the chickpeas and almonds into a large bowl (bigger is better, I used a bowl that was too small at first that caused some overflow.
- Add the vegenaise, curry powder, turmeric, and nutritional yeast, and stir well, until the ingredients are all combined.
- Fold in the chopped apple.
- Serve in a wrap with lettuce, in regular sandwich bread, or on top of a salad.