Hi! Didn’t realize I’d be back so soon.
Today I invented an awesome new recipe. This one will not be in my zine, haha.
It’s a jalapeno popper flavored vegan quiche!
I used a pre-made pie crust bottom–gasp. Surprisingly a lot of store bought pie crusts are indeed vegan! I wanted to make it quickly so I chose that, but if you want to make your own, here is my recipe for a pie with a crust recipe (you’d only have to make half of it).
Jalapeno Popper Vegan Quiche
- 1 lb extra firmed tofu (I used sprouted tofu)
- 1 tbsp Ener-g egg replacer without water added
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tbsp Earth Balance
- 1/4 cup plain almond milk or other non dairy milk of choice
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp Indian black salt (the kind that smells like eggs)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup daiya cheese shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs (I used whole wheat)
- 3 jalapenos, chopped into thick rounds, seeds and veins removed
- 1 9 inch prepared pie crust, or homemade from the recipe linked above
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place tofu, egg replacer, nutritional yeast, Earth Balance, non dairy milk, onion powder, black salt, and black pepper into a food processor and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula and then blending a bit more.
- Transfer to a large bowl and fold in the daiya cheese, bread crumbs, and jalapenos.
- Place into pie crust, smooth down with a spatula.
- Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, then dig in!