This latest invention was so good! It kind of reminded me how I remember Domino’s Pizza’s Cheesy bread used to taste, in terms of its texture. I might need to try duplicating that flavor profile as well…
But here are the pizza waffles.
And here is the recipe for them!
- 1 bag Bob’s Red Mill pizza crust mix
- 1 package yeast (included in the pizza crust mix bag)
- 2 eggs worth of set egg replacer (I used Ener-g)
- 1 tbsp salt-free Italian herb blend
- 1 1/2 cup warm water plus 2 tbsp
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes, preferably without citric acid in the ingredient list
- 3 tbsp vegan white sugar
- 1 tbsp hulled hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Vegan cheese (I used a mix of Daiya mozzarella and Follow your heart cheddar)
- Other toppings (such as onions, vegan pepperoni, sliced olives, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, etc)
- Pour the gluten free pizza dough flour mix into a large bowl. Mix in the Italian herb blend.
- In another large bowl, mix together the yeast and warm water in a large bowl and set aside for five minutes until the yeast dissolves.
- Prepare the egg replacer, also let sit while the yeast is dissolving.
- Place the oil and egg replacer into the yeast and water and whisk.
- Pour the flour mixture into the yeast mixture and stir until well combined and a dough forms.
- Cover and let sit for twenty minutes to rise.
- Warm up your waffle oven and turn your oven to 350 degrees F.
- When the dough is ready, spray the waffle iron with oil and place some dough into the iron…pat down and don’t use too much dough, as I had trouble sometimes flipping over my iron. If that happens, it’s okay, you can still make them, just keep it upright and let it cook inside at a medium temperature for about 4-5 minutes before taking out.
- Place your waffles on a greased oven tray.
- Make the sauce by mixing together the crushed tomatoes, sugar, hemp seeds, nutritional yeast, and salt and pepper.
- Place some sauce on top of each waffle.
- Cove with cheese and desired toppings.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy the deliciousness!