This quick and easy recipe also happens to follow yesterday’s theme, which is something I grew up with as a kid. The recipe is also in my zine. See yesterday’s post for details about that.
This recipe is simple and can be gluten free if you use gluten free english muffins (I like Ener-g, they remind me of brioches a little bit!) If you don’t like almost raw onions, however, I do not recommend you try this! But if you can tolerate them or like them, I definitely recommend you keep an open mind! It sounds a little weird, but it’s one of my favorite snacks/easy small lunches.
Onion and Green Pepper English Muffin Melts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Just Mayo (Veganaise by Hampton Creek)
- 1/2 cup daiya shredded mozzarella
- English Muffin (gluten free or regular)
- Toast English muffin.
- Prepare the spread by mixing together all other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spread the mix on each muffin half.
- Broil the English muffins until the cheese melts. About 2-5 minutes depending on the oven/toaster. Watch very carefully.
Have fun, kids! Happy MoFo! 🙂