This recipe is fairly basic and can be seasoned according to your needs. I will use it later on this Wednesday in a lasagna recipe, and on Friday in an amazing pizza recipe.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 portobello cap, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes in juice, canned, no salt added
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place walnuts, onions, portobello, and garlic in a food processor.
- Pulse until ground and soft but not totally smooth—keeping it still gritty.
- Place into a large bowl, add the rest of the ingredients, and combine well.
- Place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper in a single layer.
- Bake for a total of 30 minutes. After 15 minutes, take a spatula to flip as best as you can. It’ll be crumbly, just try to get the parts that were touching the pan to face up as much as possible. Continue to bake for the remaining 15 minutes.
- When done, use in place of recipes that call for hamburger meat, or mix with a marinara sauce and serve over pasta,
Enjoy!! I really like this recipe, it’s so versatile and delicious!