Initially I had planned to unveil my ingenious new nori vegan bacon invention today, but I actually ended up sharing it as a preview to my Vegan MoFo plans, in addition to it being International Bacon Day. This recipe builds upon the nori bac’non recipe, but adds it into a vegan club sandwich, which is the perfect addition of flavors, in my mind.
When I was a little girl we visited California almost every Summer. My favorite thing to get there was a California style Club Sandwich. They just don’t make them the same (and are hard to find) in New England. Of course, they aren’t always typically vegan, so I needed to veganize it, as well.
California Club sandwich with Bac’non Nori
Ingredients (for one sandwich):
- 1/3 Avocado
- 2 tomato slices
- 1 piece/leaf iceberg lettuce
- 1 tbsp vegenaise
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 5 slices hickory smoked tofurky
- 4 slices Nori Bac’non-Recipe here
- 2 slices toasted rye or sourdough
- Toast bread.
- Mix vegenaise and hot sauce and spread on one side of bread.
- Place avocados, tomato slices, and Nori Bac’non on the vegenaise side.
- On the other bread slice, place lettuce and tofurky cut in half.
- Place both sides together and place two toothpicks and cut the whole sandwich in half with a bread knife.
- Gobble it down.