Hello, I’m sorry I’ve been fairly inactive lately. I’ve been focusing on graduate school and another blog of mine, streamoflaura.net, as well as dreaming up a concept for a youtube channel! I’ll try my best to keep you posted on all of that.
Here’s a new recipe I recently created though! There are plenty of green smoothie pancakes (although I haven’t found a good gluten free one yet), but as far as I could tell, no green waffle recipes! So, I made it!
- 2 cups non dairy milk of choice
- 1 banana
- 1 serving of vegan vanilla protein powder (I used Aloha)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sweet white rice flour
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle iron accordingly.
- Place ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. You may need to scrape the sides with a rubber spatula several times to ensure everything mixes properly.
- Spray iron, and scoop or pour out about 1/4 of the batter. Cook in your waffle making appliance according to directions, waffle irons vary.
- Makes about four waffles.
- Serve and enjoy.